Friday, March 12, 2010

Bears, Beets, Brown...Alton Brown

One of my favorite TV personalities on Food Network would have to be Alton Brown. He makes food interesting in a scientific way. He explains why fruits, veggies, recipes or anything edible is the way it is and what you can do with it.

According to his bio on Food Network, he used to work as a cinematographer and video director. I guess in way, I feel like I can relate to him. We both have and are still working in media production but there is an undeniable passion for food and doing what we think would be better. Of course, he has a show and I have but a humble blog. Nonetheless, I am glad I can write about him on this blog...I feel a little closer to his aisle now.

Anyway, I wanted to post two videos of one of his episodes on Good Eats. He talks and shows you how beets can be a nutritious and delicious addition to your diet. I've yet to try some of his recipes but I will sooner or later. Enjoy and let me know how you prepare your beets.





For more info on his whereabouts go to his official website, AltonBrown.com.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is SO funny. I was craving pickled beets the other day, and I realized that I have not eaten a single bite of beet in my entire adult life and don't ACTUALLY know what they taste like, but decided that I'm going to get some one of these days. Then you posted this!

    So have you done these recipes? Do you cook beets or cook with them?

    Also, which episode of Battlestar Galactica goes best with the roasted beets?

    :D

    L~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha too funny. I've been coasting in Whole Foods for beets. I think this weekend I'll buy a canning jar and try canning beets. Sounds like a PMS-crave-kinda deliciousness. Plus it's healthy. Let me know if you tried it. :)

    ReplyDelete