Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Challah French Toast

Breakfast of Legend

Have you ever used Challah bread for French Toast? Well, I never did...until my friend Heather introduced me to it one breakfast many mornings ago. All I can say is that I loved it. I'm not too big on egg-based breads but challah bread is perfect for this. Try it out this weekend if you haven't.

Here is what you will need for making three large Challah French Toasts:

3 large cuts of Challah Bread
2 large Eggs
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
2-3 teaspoon of Skim Milk
Non stick cooking spray

Butter and Maple Syrup (I use Sugar Free)
  • Get griddle or pan heated on medium-hi heat.
  • Beat eggs, cinnamon and milk.
  • Place egg mixture into an edged flat plate.
  • Dip both sides of bread. 

  • Spray nonstick cooking spray and place bread in pan. Allow bread to cook 1-2 minutes per side.
  • Once cooked, remove from pan, add butter and syrup. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment