Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Delicious Oreo Truffles


This past Christmas I had the pleasure of being with family and visiting close family friends. One of our friends made this delicious treat called Oreo Truffles. I like truffles but I'm also quite picky as to what kind of truffles I enjoy, however, these will probably go down into my Top 5 Truffs!

Aunt JoAnne, as I like to call her, gave us a simple recipe and had we only had a larger food processor it would have made things easier for my sister and I. But in sisterly fashion we (Sam, Lydia and I) made things more complicated by using a small food processor (my Christmas gift) and had a BLAST making them. So here goes our recipe and attempt...

Oreo Truffles

1 pack of Oreos (Double Stuffed for extra sweetness)
1 8 oz. pack of Fat Free Cream Cheese (less guilt)
1 pack of Chocolate Almond bark, Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate would do
1/2 pack of White Chocolate Almond bark for decorating
Wax Paper
A bit of insanity for making these at 12am.
  • In a large food processor, blend oreos until it becomes a crumbled consistency. Remove and set aside. 
  • Next, quarter cream cheese and add oreo crumbles and blend together until it forms a dough-like consistency.
  • Roll mixture into quarter size balls. Place on wax paper.
  • In a saucepan, melt chocolate almond bark until completely melted. Remove from heat.
  • Using a fork or however is easier, dip oreo balls and place coated balls on wax paper. 
  • Once your truffles are dried, decorate them with melted white chocolate almond bark. Have fun! 



My sister is so stinkin' creative. 
My sister Sam took the liberty of dipping the chocolate coated truffles into white chocolate and making little ghosts. This could be the perfect Halloween truffle! Thanks Samantha and Lydia for decorating while I was busy consuming food at 1am.

No comments:

Post a Comment