Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Eden Salad

The salad recipe I'm sharing with you was inspired and created for my family during our body cleanse diet. I know that doesn't sound quite appetizing but don't let it deter you from trying this meal. It's quick and easy to make and also very healthy for you if you eat less pasta than I did. My husband came up with the name and to be honest I really like it and find it appropriate. I mean we're talking healthy greens, whole wheat pasta and a salad dressing that involves organic Apple cider vinegar. Overkill on my part? Maybe. But I love this and I'm going to share it with you.
Here's how to make an Eden Salad:

Pre-packaged Spring Salad Mix
2 cups of cooked Rotini Pasta or any kind of pasta you prefer
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1/2 medium Onion, thinly sliced
Raw seeds and chopped nuts (optional)
Eden Salad Dressing
  • Cook pasta according to instructions on box or do what I do, bring about 8 cups of water to boil, add some salt and olive oil. Once the water is boiled add pasta and cook for about 8-9 minutes until it's "al dente." The texture is soft yet a little chewy at the center. 
  • Drain pasta and coat cooked pasta with some Eden Salad Dressing in a bowl. 
  • Arrange spring salad mix into two plates or more. Sprinkle diced red bell peppers and onion slices. Add cooked and coated pasta on top of salad bed. Add raw seeds or nuts for an extra crunch.
  • Drizzle extra Eden Salad Dressing and enjoy!
The dressing is what would take a little more prep time when it comes to finding where to buy the ingredients and if you have a friend like I do like my girl Kinisha, who kindly gave me some great seasonings and salt free alternatives from Homemade Gourmet.

Here's how you make an Eden Salad dressing: 

I eyeballed the following amounts but you can mix according to what you like more or less of.
4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons of Liquid Aminos
1 tablespoon of Homemade Gourmet: Tami's Garden Select Seasoning
1 tablespoons of Honey
6-7 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon of Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon of Black Pepper
  • You can add all the ingredients into a salad shaker or a small food processor but either way you want to give it a good shake or mix before you serve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment