Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hot Soup FTW Style


I've recently learned to establish a healthy habit of drinking hot tea or water after my meals. Usually the drink of choice is hot green tea or japanese green tea if it can be found. There are multiple articles out there encouraging more people to drink hot water or soup after a meal. I'm a firm believer in this healthy habit and so is my digestive system.

Whenever possible, soups are gradually being incorporated into our meals. I know my parents always did and now it's time this new family of mine do the same. I'm huge fan of soup and I hope to share more asian-inspired soup recipes with you soon. But the first soup recipe that will be shared is a version of my mother's. She used fresh mustard greens for hers but any dark hardy leafy green can definitely be invited to the hot tub party.

Sexy, leafy & green...I heart Kale.

Here's what you'll need:

5 Cups of water or beef stock
4 Cups of chopped Leafy Greens of your choice (I use Kale)
4 Teaspoons of Beef Bouillon (if you don't use Beef Stock)
3 Smashed cloves of Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon of Ginger powder or 1 Teaspoon of Fresh Grated Ginger
Salt & Pepper to taste (I always add a little more pepper)
  • Bring the 5 Cups of water or beef broth to boil.
  • Add the Beef Bouillon for those of you that just used water.
  • Add Garlic, Ginger and Salt & Pepper.
  • Finally Add you Greens and let boil until hardest part of the green is tender. I never cook my greens until they turn yellow or completely meshed. You still want the greeness and freshness.
  • So there you go. Wow, I think this might be my first all-veggie dish. But for you meat lovers out there, if you want meat, add a cup or two of cubed beef to boiling water. Let boil until cooked/tender then add your greens.
Enjoy some hot soup that's good for your body and your digestive system. Happy BMs everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment