Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Flicks We Would Watch in 2010


A couple days ago my husband and I were talking about what films we'd like to see in 3D IMAX this year.  My first true 3D experience was two years ago with the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth, featuring Brendan Fraser (he hasn't come a long way from Encino Man, but we love him).  Yes, I know, the plot was not the most captivating but the 3D visuals were quite entertaining.  To be honest Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was a bit more disappointing than Fraser's film.  Sorry, Mr. Lucas but I know you can always redeem yourself.

Well, ever since then we too have tried to redeem ourselves of new and worthwhile movies in 3D.  The best place to catch one would have to be at an AMC near you.  It's free to sign up for a Movie Watcher card and with each visit you build points that offer concession rewards that will help you save.  I have been a big fan of this establishment ever since my mass media class was given a tour of our local AMC. I became a more loyal fan when they offered A.M.Cinema; all movies before noon are half price. Wonderful, yes?

Anyway, here are some films we think will be fun to watch with those fashionable frames (it really has improved):

  • Alice in Wonderland
  • How to Train Your Dragon
  • Iron Man 2
  • Toy Story 3
  • Tron: Legacy

For detailed information on the dates for the films above and more you can check out The Movie Insider website.

Last week, we had an 80s weekend watching The Goonies and Tron. Before we watch sequels, my husband and I make it a tradition to watch the film previous to the upcoming one.  In April or early May, I'm sure we'll be replaying Iron Man and Toy Story 2. It is much fun to be married to someone who enjoys creating new family traditions.

"3d glasses" Image courtesy of Jentymom from Flickr Creative Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment