Friday, January 18, 2013

Baked Eggplant with Turmeric and Cumin

Photo courtesy of Samantha

Happy Friday Everyone! This recipe today comes from the kitchen of my sister Samantha. Seriously, she is one talented chick when it comes to all things crafty, sweet & savory. Now that she got an iPhone (about time, hehe) she has been texting me more and sending me video and pictures. Yesterday afternoon she sent me this picture of what looked like eggplant chips and I just had to post and bake some for myself. I'll probably try this on the weekend. Thank you, Sam for sharing this recipe!

Baked Eggplant with Turmeric and Cumin

3 Japanese or Chinese Eggplants
1/4 teaspoon of Cumin
1/8 teaspoon of Turmeric
3 tablespoons of Panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
Olive Oil spray
2 Green Onions, chopped
Salt to taste
  • Preheat oven 450 degrees.
  • In a large bowl, mix eggplant with 2 tablespoons of olive oil until vegetable is well coated.
  • Add cumin, turmeric and salt.
  • Add bread crumbs and green onions. Mix well.
  • Spray pan with olive oil spray, place eggplant in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes or until slightly crispy. Garnish with extra chopped green onions.
Photo courtesy of Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment