Thursday, December 15, 2011

A New Show I Like to Watch

I like watching people cook and this love started with me watching my mother cook great asian meals and in the afternoons watching Julia Childs before my nap. Today, I like watching all things food even when I've been stuffed to the gills. I will watch everything from Bizarre Foods, all things Food Network, Anthony Bourdain's The Layover, public tv cooking shows and now I have also added to my viewing pleasure David Rocco's Dolce Vita show from the Cooking Channel.

What I like most about David's show is how he truly incorporates his culture into each episode, whether it is speaking in his native tongue, featuring his Italian friends/family with their recipes or best of all making everyday Italian food look and sound delicious and easy to make. It also doesn't hurt that David has a soothing instructional voice. With each episode I get more and more excited about visiting Italy some day. Maybe take a culinary tour?

Well, I found this video on YouTube of David making Potato Croquets. Yesterday I watched an episode where he was in the Amalfi coast and he made some meatballs, Polpette Di Peppe, and a very regional old world pasta called Dunderi. Both recipes looked easy to make and probably tastes amazing.

Buongiorno!

For more information on David Rocco's Dolce Vita.



(YouTube via Dysan8003)

No comments:

Post a Comment