Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall/Thanksgiving Cupcake Idea: Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes


This post was inspired by one of my top versatile veggies...the pumpkin. My dad was raised on pumpkin and since I was a child I've had all kinds of pumpkin dishes. But let's not talk savory, let's talk sweet and sour.

Put 'em together and have you got? Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo:
  • Frosted cupcakes, White frosting is what I used.
  • Pumpkin shaped candy
  • Green Betty Crocker Easy Flow Decorating Icing
  • Granulated white sugar
  • Piping skills (In my dreams I'm a world champion cake decorator)
You can purchase the pumpkin candy at a local candy store. I purchased mine at the mall. They had all their seasonal candy on display and ready for the picking. These taste like orange gummies, initially sour and finishes sweet and chewy. 


It takes some practice if you don't usually find yourself piping cakes. I know I had to conduct a couple test runs before I tackled the cupcakes. I used the two tips pictured below, one for the vines and another for the leaves. 


Place pumpkin candy in the middle of frosted cupcake. Pipe leaves and vines around pumpkin. Finally sprinkle sugar over the entire cupcake. Hold cupcake and gently shake off excess sugar. Ta-da!! You have your miniature pumpkin patch ready for the holidays. 

I just have to post this song...I can't resist...

No comments:

Post a Comment