Thursday, August 16, 2012

OC Fair 2012 Foods We Consumed

This post is not for the faint of heart or those allergic to grease. If you look in the dictionary of Fair Foods, the word "Diet" does not exit. Even if it did, it would be a diet from healthy foods, highly alkaline foods and so forth. But to be fair (ooh pun) to the OC Fair, they did offer some really good alternatives like fresh fruits and berries, chicken kabobs and such. I took a break from grease by eating a cup of juicy, cold, sliced nectarines. Man, it's good to be in California where fruits and veggies are plentiful.

 Anyway, back to our splurge. My husband ordered sausage and I got the giant corn dog. I figured, why not? I only eat corn dogs at fairs and this is the only fair I'm attending this year. So I took the challenge and ate most of that deliciousness on a stick. Towards the evening, we had Greek food, another normal-sized corn dog and topped it off with a Deep Fried Snickers bar and Mini Doughnuts sprinkled with Cinnamon Sugar. I'm proud to say I didn't finish that tub of minis but it was very hot, very soft, spiced and satisfying. Maybe next year, I'll have a nicer camera to take food pictures and share more fair foods. My husband was raised in the midwest but he's never been to the Iowa State Fair and THAT'S where I want to go next year. In fact, that's where anyone should visit at least once in their lifetime. Have a Happy Thursday!


Do I really need a caption for this? 
Deep Fried Snickers bar
Mini Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment