Saturday, September 8, 2012

Kara's Cupcakes

Did I forget to tell you about my travels to San Francisco? I think I did.
This summer has been one of the busiest summers our young married lives. My husband got accepted into Animation Mentor and we've been nonstop busy ever since. We traveled to San Francisco late July in order to attend Animation Mentor's annual BBQ on the Great Meadows (Fort Mason area). Read all about our travels and our journey as a couple learning and living through animation school on our blog The Animator's Wife.

Well, after we spent a full day of making new friends and putting faces to profile pictures, a crew of us journeyed to Ghirardelli Square. While we were there, we collected free chocolate samples, had decadent dessert and I made sure I got a taste of Kara's Cupcakes!

What a great location for cupcake and what a stylish little storefront in color and simplicity. Who could resist such a sweet place? I had a hard time choosing which flavor to try but I ended up happy with their seasonal Key Lime cupcake and one of their staple Chocolate Velvet cupcakes. It. Was. Delish.

So if you are every around Fisherman's Wharf or on your way to see the Golden Gate Bridge, stop by Kara's Cupcakes for a treat or two. Read more about how their unique and environmentally-friendly approach in their business.



2 comments:

  1. Great blog Nellie. We've had cupcakes here and they're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jason! I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. :D I will have to revisit Kara's one day.

    ReplyDelete