Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Caramel Butter Frosting


I'm a big fan of caramel and butterscotch. So when I found this recipe, I couldn't wait to make it. The cake I made is what candy lovers would call a Turtle cake. Bake your favorite chocolate cake, grab a bag of pecan halves/pieces and bring it all together with this Caramel Butter Frosting that is sure to become a family favorite.

Caramel Butter Frosting
Recipe instructions adapted from Better Homes & Gardens Dessert Cook Book
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Milk
3 1/4 cup Sifted Confectioners' Sugar
  • Melt butter, then add brown sugar. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil. Set aside to cool slightly (3-4 minutes).
  • Add milk to mixture and beat until smooth.
  • Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until mixture is of spreading consistency.
  • Frost cake! :)
My husband and I have varying opinions of what we like for food pictures...so I'll post the photo he liked best. Love you, Babe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment