Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fruit Tart To Go


I had the pleasure of visiting La Madeleine French Cafe for the first time yesterday. Usually I just pass by the store and think about getting a pain du chocolat (chocolate croissant) but never following through. Lucky for me, I had my sister and her family in town this past week and she is a French food lover.

So we stopped by their bakery and bought a fruit tart and a lemon tart. Yummy!

I tried the fruit tart and found it to be exactly the way I imagined the taste to come off...lightly sweetened, cool and creamy. It was the opposite for my lemon tart. My lemon tart was not quite as tart as I would have wanted and there was too strong of a taste of evaporated milk.  Oh well, it was passable nonetheless.  I did fill out a survey in hopes that they improve their lemon tart. I don't give up on food and restaurants that easily unless the service was a nightmare. And believe me, I'm an extremely patient and understanding customer.

Anyway I just wanted to share my experience with you at a local La Madeleine cafe.  I would definitely visit again because there was so much more I haven't experienced.

Au revoir, mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment