Friday, August 12, 2011

Pixels Are Sexy

Yesterday evening my husband and I had a wonderful opportunity to be invited to the Super iam8bit art show in Los Angeles. It was amazing and quickly lifted my spirits to see some of my most beloved video games turned into spectacular artwork. We were cordially invited by illustrator/designer Chris Sanchez, one of the talented artists whose work was featured at the show.

Chris is currently working as an illustrator and designer with some of the best in the industry. We all have seen his work in opening credits of films such as Sherlock Holmes and Sprider Man 3, Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch and many many more. I was inspired to hear Chris's story behind his Mega Man portrait and how he continued to finish what he started despite his life being at it's busiest. His passion for video games and art combined is evident in this oil and acrylic painting of one of Capcom's most memorable characters.


To see more of his works and contact info, visit his site at chrissanchezart.com.

Support passionate people like Chris (by visiting his site) and iam8bit. Here you can learn more about who they are, read their blog and buy some cool stuff! Video game artwork to me is as beautiful, nostalgic and moving as diva Maria Callas's voice in Puccini's aria Un bel di. Yeah...it's that heart-hurting for me and my husband. You'll see more reasons why below:


















No comments:

Post a Comment