Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Looks Like Anime Food


I couldn't figure out what I was going to name the dish I put together for dinner so instead I'll just describe what it reminds me of...anime food. If you've watched a lot of anime, I hope you know what I mean. If not, you can probably google the term and find photos, drawings of anime characters eating. In fact, let me see what I can find, hold on a sec. Okay, I see a few here and there but you get the picture.

The taste is definitely something new for our palette because this is the first time trying aidells Habanero & Green Chile Smoked Chicken Sausage. It's quite delicious and the next flavor we'll be trying is their Chicken & Apples Sausage. The reason why I love this brand is because it has a really nice hearty flavor to the meat and it is also nitrites-free. I heard that consuming sodium nitrite isn't good for a majority of reasons, but if you suffer from migraines it's probably an even better reason to avoid foods with nitrites. Less pain is a good day, if you know what I mean.

Here is the recipe for my Anime Sausage Food:

1 package of aidells's Habanero & Green Chile Smoked Chicken Sausage
1 cup of frozen Spinach, thawed and drained. Squeeze any excess water.
1 medium Onion, sliced
1-2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar Cheese,
1 teaspoon of powered Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 8-inch glass square cake pan.
  • Saute sliced onions until tender and slightly caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside.
  • Place spinach on bottom of pan. Sprinkle shredded cheese, powered garlic and season well with salt and pepper.
  • Arrange sauteed onions on bed of spinach. Then place sausages on top, with sharp knife create three slits on each sausage. Arrange tomatoes in between sausages or anyway that suits you.
  • Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes. If you want your sausages a little more browned, turn up your oven to Broiler setting and place dish underneath for about 5 minutes or less. Keep an eye on your dish when broiling. Sometimes there is a point of no return when it comes to broiling. I should know, I'm a pro at burning things lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment