So after much research from different recipes, I put together my take shortcake biscuits. And it turned out quite well. Of course I need more practice on it but I've got to start somewhere!
What you will need:
Adapted from Grandma Kline's Biscuits Supreme For Strawberry Shortcake
2 cups of White All-Purpose Flour
2 tablespoon of Sugar
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
4 teaspoon of Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
1/2 cup of Salted Butter, cold and diced
2/3 cup of Milk (Reduced Fat)
Star Cookie cutter shape or a Circle or whatever shape you want
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar until well blended.
- Add butter and crumbled the butter and dry ingredients until they are mixed well, like little pebbles.
- Add milk and form ingredients until it's a soft ball of dough.
- Flatten dough about 1/3 of an inch thick or less with hands on board/surface. Use cookie cutter and cut out your shape.
- Place shapes on lightly greased pan. And bake in oven for about 15-25 minutes. Like I always say, you know your oven best so keep an eye on your biscuits!