Husband + Me + His love for Pizza = FTW Pizza
Sometimes I find myself making the best tasting dinners when I have no option of going out and getting extra groceries but instead find what is in my fridge and make things work.
Such was the case for this fantastic creation...you can call it "For The Win" Pizza or "FullTimeWife" Pizza. Either way, it's definitely in our family recipe archives now and will forever be.
I had a package of four mozzarella filled Italian sausages from Sprouts, but any package of Italian sausage should do. If you want to make it a bit healthy go for meats that have no MSG and no nitrites-nitrates added. I personally try and stay away from nitrites when it's in my power to do so because of my migraines. Yay! One less thing to keep me headache free is always nice.
Okay back to the recipe...have fun and hope you like it.
What you will need:
1 ball of Store bought Pizza Dough
3 Fully Cooked Italian Sausages, cut into small slices
1/2 cup of Sun Dried Red Bell Peppers, minced
1/2 cup of White Onion, diced
1/2 cup of Red Onion, diced
1/2 cup of Green Olives with Pimientos, rough dice
2-3 cups of canned Tomato Basil sauce
1/4 cup of Tomato Paste
1 cup of grated White Raw Milk Cheddar Cheese
1 cup of grated Monterey Jack Cheese
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a pot, heat tomato basil sauce and tomato paste. Mix sauce and paste until well blended. Bring to light boil and then set pot aside to cool sauce.
- In a pan, heat olive oil over med-hi heat. Once pan is hot, add sausages and sun dried bell peppers. Cook until sausages are nicely browned on the edges. Drain any excess oil and let mixture cool. For a little kick and health, add 1 tablespoon of Red Pepper Flakes to mixture.
- Prepare pizza dough by stretching and/or rolling dough according to your liking in thickness and shape. I chose thin and round...keeping it real creative.
- Ladle cooled tomato sauce mixture onto dough. Sprinkle half of each cheese types onto pizza sauce surface. Add all your toppings to the pizza and sprinkle the last half of cheeses on top.
- Bake for about 16-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Slice and Serve!