Monday, January 31, 2011

Tri-Berry Smoothie

Looking for a filling snack because almonds aren't cutting it for you these days? Or maybe you're tempted to have a milkshake but you know it's probably not the best option.

Well, when I get to the point where I want something healthy yet creamy and sweet, I just make myself a Tri-Berry Smoothie. I never really measure out my ingredients when it comes to a smoothie but I can give you the "eye-balled" amount. Adjust as you see fit.

Here's what you will need:

A handful of Frozen mixed berries
1 Frozen Banana
3 Tablespoon Greek Yogurt (Fage 0% or 2% works wonders)
1 Tablespoon Honey
1/4 cup Almond Milk
2 Teaspoons of Wheat Germ (Optional)

In a blender drop in berries, banana, yogurt and almond milk.

Drizzle honey and blend until consistency is thick and creamy, not soupy. If it gets soupy add more frozen berries or a little ice.

Have a Happy Healthy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment