Friday, January 28, 2011

Beauty and the Feast (of Florida Oranges)

Another birthday, another great year. It seems that my years just get better with time. I fret less because I know I don't know anything and need not to worry about anything. Life keeps going and I go along with it. Seriously, it's so much better when you don't fight the aging process and fight to keep your old habits and ways.

For me personally I've accepted that I'm only going to get older so why not enjoy my youth today? Every time I look back I always see how young I was but how old I thought I was and I'm done with that. Soooooo done with that. Hmm *reflective chuckle* I really enjoy this new decade and I do not miss my 20s (sorry but I really don't miss being lost in young adulthood and waking up with hangovers. LOL). I will only really miss the the last part because that's when I got my life aligned and met my husband along the beautiful road.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a fraction of my birthday gifts with you:

My husband surprised me this morning with an elegant stem of White King Orchids and a lovely card. I thoroughly enjoy receiving unique gifts and he is certainly the man who can deliver such wishes! He is the best and I couldn't be more thankful to God for him.


Isn't she lovely? 
My best and dear friend Lacy also got me a unique gift that can only be understood and appreciated from shared time and experience. I heard this packed thud at the door and a courtesy knock. When I opened the door I looked down to find a white box with stickers certifying the box through the Florida department of agriculture. When I opened the box I was greeted with the fresh scent of Honeybell Tangelos from Harvey's Groves! 


Juicy & Tart! Just the way Floridian oranges should be. 

So thank you to all my family and friends for making this another memorable year. I've got a good feeling this will be a great year for all of us. Go Year of the Rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment