Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Garlic Soy Chicken Brine


I read in one of my Food Network magazines some secrets for successful summer grilling. My man Guy Fieri's quote "Brine, Brine, Brine" stuck with me and that's what I did. BRINE!

I took the liberty to make my own brine and so far it's done wonders for our dinners. Here's how I make mine:

Garlic Soy Chicken Brine
2 cups of Water
2 cups of cold water
1 tablespoon of Himalayan Salt
1/4 cup of Soy Sauce
2 tablespoon of Brown Sugar
4 Cloves of mashed garlic
4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
  • In a small pot, heat water and mix salt, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic. Mix well until salt and sugars are dissolved. Set aside and cool.
  • Place chicken in plastic container, pour cooled brine and 2 cups of cold water over chicken. Drizzle oil and give it a little mix. Cover container and place chicken in fridge for at least 2 hours. 
*Remember, you can always adjust the intensity of the brine. Have fun experimenting. I've also used sugar substitute for a sugar-free option.

Bake chicken according to your recipe. For the chicken pictured, I baked the chicken on a grill pan at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until juices run clear. For the last 15 minutes baste chicken with your favorite BBQ sauce and bake a little longer until you get some caramelization.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment