Friday, April 13, 2012

Stuffed Bell Peppers with Chicken Sausage

Happy Friday Everyone! Any fun things for the weekend? Well, I'm not sure what we are doing this weekend but if the weather is good, I'd love to visit the Ren Faire. No costumes this year but maybe next year we'll go full out Clan flannel. Haha

Anyway, last night I made an almost-carb-free dinner without really knowing what I was doing. Once again I felt as if I was a contestant on Chopped (secretly love the rush of competition). I had a package of Aidells chicken sausage and some bell peppers that were sitting in the fridge just waiting for their moment of fame. So here is how it all went down.

On your marks. Get set. Go!

1 Package of Aidells Artichoke & Garlic fully cooked Chicken Sausage
3 Stalks of Green Onions
1/2 a Serrano Pepper
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Large Red Bell Pepper, halved
1 Large Green Bell Pepper, halved
2 tsp of Olive Oil
4 snack size sticks of low fat Colby Jack Cheese
  • Preheat oven to 350 degree
  • In a food processor, mix sausage, green onions and serrano pepper. Blend well until it looks like this...
  • In a nonstick pan heat oil. Once heated add meat mixture and 1/2 red bell pepper that's been chopped. Heat and stir until mixture is browned with some crispy texture.
  • I parboiled my peppers but you don't have to. Spoon mixture into bell peppers and top with cheese. 
  • Place peppers on lightly greased baking pan or use aluminum foil. Bake peppers for 25-30 minutes depending on how crispy or tender you like your bell peppers. 

Enjoy! One of my favorite condiment with this recipe is Ketchup. Yep yep!

No comments:

Post a Comment