Hi everyone, today I'll be showing you how to make Stuffed Cucumber and Pork soup. Growing up with my family, my father would always enjoy his flavorful stir-fries along with a side of hot soup. Sometimes my mom would make a leafy green soup and other times completely meat. This soup gives us a veggie stuffed with meat so kudos to her.
There is a more popular soup like this that is made with bitter gourd and it's quite delicious if I may add my 2 cents. But this particular one came to mind because of summer and all this talk of cucumber tea/water and my sudden craving for peppery pork. So I wedded the two ingredients in my mind and that's how I ended up making this delight for dinner. Random? I know. But that's how this crazy brain works.
Here is the way I make Stuffed Cucumber and Pork Soup. Mind you, I usually make enough to feed about 4-6 folks so if it's just you or two...please minimize accordingly or go all the way and have leftovers.
What you will need:
8 cups of water
3 medium to large Cucumbers
1 or 1/2 of Ground Pork
4 cloves of Minced Garlic
2 teaspoons of Black Pepper
1 teaspoon of Salt
Pork or chicken bouillon
Bean Thread Noodles (Optional. Before adding them to hot water, make sure they've been soaking in cold water for at least 5-10 minutes)
More salt & some soy sauce to taste
- Peel cucumbers and cut into 1 to 2 inch thick pieces.
- Using a small knife or whatever allows you to gently scoop out the inside seeds and mushy part of the cucumber pieces.
- In a bowl mix ground pork, minced garlic, salt & pepper.
- Stuff the cucumbers with the pork mixture.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add the bouillon.
- Gently drop the stuffed cucumbers into the boiling water.
- Cook under medium heat until meat is almost cooked.
- The add bean thread noodles and add more salt or soy sauce according to taste. Serve when pork is completely cooked.