Saturday, May 22, 2010

This Recipe Is A Winner...

Colorful culture...colorful flavors. This is how I'd like to dress and dance through town!

What does a woman do when she is craving curry but finds out she doesn't have coconut milk to complete her recipe?

Hot diggity dog! She finds herself perusing her favorite blogs and finds "Tom's Trinidadian Chicken Curry" on The Pioneer Woman Cooks blog, of course.

My friend Mindy introduced me to The Pioneer Woman about two years ago. I've been a fan of Ree Drummond ever since I scored more love points from my then boyfriend (now husband) by making her "Olive Cheese Bread." That appetizer is soooo delicious we make it on special occasions only. If not, my husband and I would definitely turn into two very happy fat silos. You get the picture.

Anyway, there was no coconut milk in my pantry tonight but I had the rest of the ingredients (except for the actual Trinidad curry & mehti seeds) for her recipe. No worries...just follow her instructions and ogle over her photography and this will easily become your family's favorite curry recipe. It's in our archives now.

Thank you Mindy and thank you, Pioneer Woman + Tom's Trini spices.

Note: I would've posted my picture of my take on Tom's Trinidadian Chicken Curry but trust me the picture would not have done it justice. Go to Ree's site and you'll see how beautiful it really is. :)

"Trinidad-Carnival-Savannah-04.jpg" photo courtesy of sfmission.com from Flickr's Creative Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment