Friday, November 9, 2012

Moist Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake


Hi there! It's been a long time and while I have been gone, I have been baking and baking. To be honest, I'm carbed out but somehow I never really let go of carbs. It's hard.

Well, this is one of the best recipes for zucchini I have ever made. I found the original recipe from Closet Cooking site. Seriously, this guy Kevin can COOK. I love his recipes and I will definitely have to make his Pumpkin Pie Pancakes (with Caramel Sauce) this holiday season. Great site for recipes and good food. I can attest to that from this recipe I've adapted.

I adjusted this recipe according to what my husband likes and what I had. My bread pan was crusty and rusty so I decided to use my beautiful bundt pan instead. Worked for me. For a decadent, crazy finish, I  made homemade ganache. Writing this post reminds me of why I am not a size 2. Ha. I'm a "size Pleased", that's what. Have a great weekend!

Moist Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
Recipe adapted from the Closet Cooking Chocolate Zucchini Bread (Pinned it!)

1 1/2 c Zucchini, grated
3/4 c Light Brown Sugar
1/4 c Canola oil
1/3 c Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 tsp Madagascar vanilla
1 egg
1 c Unbleached flour
1/2 c of Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1/4 c Hershey's cocoa powder
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 c Semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease bundt pan with non-stick baking spray. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper. 
  • In a large bowl, mix zucchini, light brown sugar, canola oil, greek yogurt and egg, blend well.
  • In a medium bowl with a whisk, mix white flour, wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa and cinnamon until blended.
  • Mix dry ingredients into large bowl of wet ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips. Blend well.
  • Pour batter into sprayed bundt pan. 
  • Bake for 40-48 minutes depending on your oven. Let cool in pan and then transfer to rack or plate. 
  • Once cooled, drizzle with ganache or sift powdered sugar on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment