The recipe I chose was Shana Hillman's recipe "Flourless Chocolate Cake II" from Allrecipes.com. Instead of sugar, I used Sweetleaf Sugarleaf blend of stevia and raw cane sugar.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
adpated from Shana Hillman's recipe on Allrecipes.com
4 (1 oz) squares of semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup of salted butter
1/2 and 1 tablespoon of Sweetleaf baking sugar
1/2 cup of Ghiradelli sweet ground chocolate and cocoa powder
3 eggs beaten, room temperature
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease 8-inch round pan with butter and coat with some cocoa powder.
- On a double boiler, melt semisweet chocolate squares and butter. Once melted, remove from heat.
- Mix in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for at least 10 minutes, then turn onto plate or rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar or glaze with your favorite icing recipe.
|Added more powdered sugar...hehe.|