Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Curry Bison Burgers

I'm a big fan of Bison burgers. If you gotta have red meat go with bison or elk. The meat is leaner and it really tastes delicious without the gamey-ness. Lately, I've been wanting more excitement in my burger department, so I followed my heart and stomach and came up with this recipe. I'm so pleased with the tasty outcome, I just had to share it with you. Have a great supper!

Curry Bison Burgers

1 lb of Ground Bison
Half a White Onion, minced
1 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
1 tablespoon of Madras Curry Powder
2 teaspoons of Garlic Powder
2/3 cup of Puffed rice cereal
1 egg lightly beaten
Coconut oil for pan
Whole wheat buns
Cubed ripened Ataulfo Mango
Sriracha Chili sauce
Veganaise
  • In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients together. Use you hands and squish away!
  • Form meat mixture into round 4 ounce balls and pat down into burger patties.
  • Heat pan on medium high. Add a tablespoon or so of Coconut oil. Once oil is heated pan fry patties about 4-5 minutes on each side.
  • Remove patties on paper towel to drain excess oil. Lowering heat to medium, place both sides of bun face down on hot pan to lightly toast bread.
  • Carefully remove buns after 30 seconds to a minute. Dress buns with Veganaise and Sriracha sauce. Place cubed mango on burger and enjoy!
For a side dish, I sauteed some Kale & Shredded Carrots in garlic infused coconut oil and a couple splashes of low sodium soy sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment