Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wedding Week: Ladies Luncheon


In my planning for the bride's bachelorette party and through conversation with her mother, I found out that ladies not so long ago didn't have bachelorette parties like they do now. They didn't wear phallic symbols, feather boas, hire/fire strippers and ride off into the wild night with their girls. Instead they had luncheons. Maybe you already knew this but I sure didn't. However, I can always rely on my girlfriend Lacy to re-introduce me to things of yore, like the show Laugh-In, and events such as a Ladies Luncheon.

The event was hosted at Yankee Peddlers Tea Room at 11 A.M. with all the ladies dear to her heart and that also included her sweet n' petite mother-in-law. 

The food was so yummy especially anything they did that was signature to the Tea Room, like their Poppy Seed dressing and Chicken & Dumplings soup. You know, come to think of it, every time I've had the best food at a restaurant was because I ordered the special or asked the waiter what they recommend from the menu. 

Anyway, a good time was had by all and it was certainly a lovely and unexpected gift from the bride. I had a splendid time taking in the atmosphere, laughing and being grateful for the friendships I have and will continue to nurture throughout the years. 

Enjoy some of the sights and spirit of Yankee Peddlers Tea Room:









Lemon Meringue
Chocolate Pie with Meringue
Coconut Cream Pie
Turtle Ice Cream Pie...Signature Tea Room
Steaming Fruit Cobbler
Chocolate Cake...so dense and fudgy!!

Yankee Peddlers Tea Room
5831 Highway 54
Osage Beach, MO 65065
573-348-5045

No comments:

Post a Comment