Thursday, April 28, 2011

Strawberry Muffins


Good Morning Sunshinessss! Look what I made for today....Strawberry Muffins! I'm so excited because this is the first time I've ever made muffins from scratch. I was a bit nervous but in the end they turned out better than I expected.

For these muffins I would have probably used canola oil but I only had corn oil (another recipe I'm working on) so I used that instead. So if you end up making these let me know how they turned out for you.

What you will need:

3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup of Sugar
1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 teaspoon of Salt
1/4 cup of Light Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 cup of Corn Oil (or Canola Oil)
1/4 cup of Milk (I used reduced fat)
1 cup of Strawberries, sliced or diced
1/2 teaspoon of Orange Zest
Lightly greased Muffin/Cupcake tray
  • Heat over to 375 degrees F/190 C.
  • In a large bowl mix the flours, white sugar, baking soda and salt until well blended.
  • In a small bowl beat eggs and light brown sugar together using a fork.
  • Add contents of the small bowl into the large bowl along with vanilla, oil, milk and orange zest. Mix well. Then fold in strawberries.
  • Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour batter into each lightly greased muffin cups.
  • Bake for 15-17 minutes. Every oven varies so you know your oven best. Mine was done in about 15 or 16 minutes.
Have a great Thursday and I hope you find some time to relax and calm your mind during this crazy week!

2 comments:

  1. The muffins look great and it's strawberry season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the comment! :) And yes, strawberry season is always a great season...makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete