For these muffins I would have probably used canola oil but I only had corn oil (another recipe I'm working on) so I used that instead. So if you end up making these let me know how they turned out for you.
What you will need:
3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup of Sugar
1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 teaspoon of Salt
1/4 cup of Light Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 cup of Corn Oil (or Canola Oil)
1/4 cup of Milk (I used reduced fat)
1 cup of Strawberries, sliced or diced
1/2 teaspoon of Orange Zest
Lightly greased Muffin/Cupcake tray
- Heat over to 375 degrees F/190 C.
- In a large bowl mix the flours, white sugar, baking soda and salt until well blended.
- In a small bowl beat eggs and light brown sugar together using a fork.
- Add contents of the small bowl into the large bowl along with vanilla, oil, milk and orange zest. Mix well. Then fold in strawberries.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour batter into each lightly greased muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Every oven varies so you know your oven best. Mine was done in about 15 or 16 minutes.
Have a great Thursday and I hope you find some time to relax and calm your mind during this crazy week!