Thursday, August 5, 2010

Meatloaf Muffins

Today my husband and I got home late from work, we still needed a grocery run and our stomachs were growling.  My mind was still set on using my veggies (carrots, bell pepper, onions, tomatoes...etc) and making meatloaf with them. So the plan was on a roll.

To cut time I used our mini food processor on all our vegetables and I've got to say that I just love it!

Here's how I make one of my most favorite comfort foods in the world:

Makes a dozen meatloaf muffins + 1 pan of meatloaf.

2 lbs of ground beef
1/2 cup of Miracle Whip (I realised I was out of eggs--way to think on my feet. Master Chef here I come.)
1 cup of bread crumbs (any slice, bun of bread will work just fine, rip into pieces)
1 egg, the only egg in my fridge
2 medium carrots
1 green bell pepper
1 medium onion
1 tomato, seeded
1 tablespoon of onion powder
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
2 teaspoons of kosher salt
2 teaspoons of black pepper
2 teaspoons of thyme, not ground
1/4 cup of worcestershire
  • Preheat oven 350 degrees. Spray cupcake pan and loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  • Process the veggies until they are small/minced well.
  • Add all the ingredients together. Have fun and use your hands during this process.
  • Make mixture into balls, not too big that they overwhelm the cupcake pan hallow. Turn the rest into a loaf. Place meat in respective pans. For the cupcake pan, place it on an edged cookie pan to keep the liquids from spillage.
  • I baked each pan at time. Bake the cupcake pan for 50 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Bake the loaf pan for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. For each pan, before the last 10 minutes, pour on your favorite BBQ mix, ketchup or sweet n' tangy sauces and let it bake for the rest of the time. For more caramelized flavor leave it in for another 5-10 minutes.
For me, I pair my meatloaf with mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans in garlic...ooh gets me every time. Enjoy and hope it brings comfort and happiness to your bellies as much as it did mine tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment