Yum, yum, yum. I am so happy today because I finally made cupcakes. On today's menu: Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes.
Here's what I did:
A box of White Cake Mix (3 Egg Whites, Water & Oil)
A handful of Maraschino Cherries
A container of Fluffy White Frosting
A box of assorted food coloring, red for this one.
Pots, Pans and Misc:
Food processor (if you don't have one, no worries)
Cooling racks (if you don't have one, no worries)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- First, take the handful of Maraschino Cherries and mince or put in food processor. Make sure the cherries are fine and not chunky.
- Follow instructions on the box for batter.
- Fold minced cherries into the batter.
- Line cupcake liners in pan. Add 2/3 of batter into each cupcake cup.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes.
- Once baked let cupcakes cool for about 10 minutes. Remove the cupcakes and in a cooled cupcake pan repeat steps 5 & 6.
Pleeeeeaaaseee, with a cherry on top? Okay...